Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Magazine Rack

So I went on a trip to Goodwill I saw this little beauty in disguise...
Yes $3.75, I COULDN'T pass it up...

So I set up all my stuff outside, and didn't forget my Sonic drink!
(Ya know they say they have like a million different flavor combinations,
so today I tried a Strawberry Ocean Water & it wasn't too bad!
Next time I'll stick to my Vanilla Diet Dr.Pepper though)

Yes... I do sand with a gardening glove, the sandpaper gets hot on my fingers!

So here's the "after" 2 good coats of OOPS paint left over from the mirror project 
and as you can see it's pretty cute!
But of course I thought it needed a little damage shabby chic look.



With a few scrapbooks and western ducks!



And today's (Tuesday 1/22/11) run... 4.04 miles in 55 minutes and 52 seconds!
I'm training for this really cool race called Warrior Dash! Where I'm going to dress up in a Warrior outfit and run through mud, over fire, up and over hay bales, anyways its 12 crazy obstacles over 3.2 miles!

 It was 85 degrees out there today and I found a neighborhood with a killer hill, but I made it :)
*Note, I am not a runner, if I did this ANYONE can, just start small :)


Blog Parties I linked this post up to...




Photobucket


LINKPARTYBUTTONPhotobucket" />
Dragonfly Designs






HookingupwithHoH





 

16 comments:

Steven B said...

awesome job! I didn't know you were a goodwill junkie like me? looks like we need to have a goodwill party sometime , anywho, keep up the great work

Jill said...

Great magazine rack - and well done on your run! That Warrior Dash sounds like a lot of fun!! :)

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a great week!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Christine said...

cool magazine rack! are you in Texas? you are having some warm weather.....here in California we have rain and wind and I don't think that we will see 60 degrees today.

Ladybird Ln said...

Looks great, and congratulations on the run! I am your newest follower, thanks for the nice comments on my blog!

Carlee,
ladybirdln.blogspot.com

Tammy @ Type A said...

very cute, love the shape of the magazine holder. very cute. i have a party going on if you'd like to share this. http://typeadecorating.blogspot.com/

Gabby @ The...Late, Young Family said...

Very pretty! Great job! A couple of my friends have participated in the Warrior Dash and LOVE it. So enjoy! I found you through Sweet Peas and Bumblebees. :)

At Home With Michelle said...

Like your magazine rack, glad you stopped by my blog, and liked my bunnies I made, I am following you, hope you will follow back...:)

Tammy @ Type A said...

i'm so glad you shared this at my party, thanks!

Unknown said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog :) Good luck on the Warrior Dash!

Magazine rack looks good!

Katherine said...

So cute- love the distressed look! Congrats on the Warrior Dash! Thanks for linking up!

painted princess collection said...

very cute mag.rack
anandhirajan
http://anandhirajansartsncrafts.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Hey lady! I'm a new follower!! Not gonna lie, saw your blog name in a comment somewhere and had to pop over!! I love finding fellow "cowgirl" bloggers! haha!
CUTE magazine rack! Love the distressed look!

Grammy Goodwill said...

I'm visiting from your guest blog at House of Hepworths. Good job on the magazine rack.

plumbing said...

Fashion Magazines have grown to encompass so much more than fashion in many cases to allow publishers to broaden their appeal to a much wider audience, while others stoically cover fashion and fashion only.

balers said...

The increased popularity of celebrity weeklies is evident in W, as a large amount of the articles are devoted to celebrities and celebrity fashions. W has become a great blend between a fashion magazine and a celebrity mag.

Anonymous said...

I think this is one of the most important information for me. And i am glad reading your article. But should remark on few general things, The website style is perfect, the articles is really nice