Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter Peanut Butter Cupcakes


I have a slight major addiction to peanut butter. And so I decided to try my hand at peanut butter
cupcakes and peanut butter frosting with an EASTER twist.
recipe
6 tablespoons butter- room temp
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1 1/3 firmly packed brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350deg F.
Mix butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar with electric mixer on medium until fluffy (4 min).
Add eggs, beat well, mix in vanilla.
In separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
Add dry ingredients to mixer and alternate with Milk, mix well!
Fill cupcakes 3/4 full and bake for 16 min or until tooth pick is inserted and removed clean.
Cool cupcakes.




Cool and now time to FROST


Frosting:
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
4 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
10 tbsp milk

cream peanut butter till fluffy (2 min)
beat in confectioners sugar and vanilla
add milk to desired consistency


I add my frosting to a bag to frost its less mess and oh so pretty as seen here.

Now time to decorate and ENJOY.





thanks for FOLLOWING and thanks for reading :)
hugs!

I shared my blog on:


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, now I'm starving! Yum!
Your blog is adorable!
Thanks for stopping by mine, too!
Jenn
www.simplehomemanaging.blogspot.com

Buenta said...

SO CUTE!!!!!!! Any thing with peanut butter is yummy. Love the tip about using a plastic zip lock instead of a pastry bag.

Anonymous said...

These look AMAZING and would be perfect for my Foodie Friday linky party - stop by this week and link up!

If you have a sec, feel free to pop over now to enter my GIVEAWAY!

Amanda said...

Those came out so cute and look delicious.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking up to Foodie Friday! I hope to see you back next week!!