Monday, January 31, 2011

Furniture redo's!

My first post... I am so inspired by all the craft bloggers out there, and I LOVE to craft, so I'd like to join everyone! I'm so excited to see if people will read my post...

So I plan to buy my first home soon but while saving money am slowly collecting items, decorations, furniture... driving my landlord  okay I confess my PARENTS crazy with my stuff.  So I went out to garage sales with the goal to find an end table... and I wanted it country looking... and I wasn't paying more than $15... so this is what I found...


Its banged up and covered in cat fur BUT its $10 and country looking. So off to the Hardware store to find brown Oops Paint, for $5! I then sanded down the whole piece and painted it brown!

Well looking at it brown, I left the hardware on it as the black because I liked it a lot but while looking at it I still wasn't happy so I got back out the sander and added some "love to it"...



Now I TOTALLY love my little piece of furniture! Its all ready to hold blankets and TV remotes! And for a total of $15 (table + paint) I'd say its a GREAT deal! :)
 (I did add some furniture wax after the paint to give it shine and protection)
Happy blogging!

Check out one of the blogs I read...
Lovely Crafty Home
HouseofHepworths

2 comments:

Rachael@Lovely Crafty Home said...

Thanks so much for linking up! You did a great job, love the color-what a great oops find. Hope to see you again next week!

Tiffany said...

Thank you so much! I love reading your blog :)